What is Slices of Green?
Slices of Green started out as a nice place to see plenty of luscious eco-objects for your home – from furniture to art to textiles to flowers to lighting and more. What can I say, I like pretty green goods. Then though, I realized this site didn’t really fit in with my actual ideals – which revolve around the premise that green living is for everyone, not just the filthy rich.
While I love gorgeous green goods, I like realistic prices too. Browsing blogs and sites for eco-goods, what I find, most often, are pieces that few green families can afford. There are reasons why green goods cost more that make real sense. However, what’s a normal, run-of-the-mill family to do if they’re dreaming of a green home, but don’t have a bottomless wallet to back up the lifestyle?
I certainly don’t have the rock-star wallet. I’m guessing most of you don’t either.
This blog is a place where real people (average, working folks) can get tips for greening their home on real-world salaries.
What you’ll find here…
- Green goods for the home that don’t always break the bank.
- Ideas about when to spend more on green home goods and when to cut back.
- Tips for creating a greener, and still lovely home, but on a more average, less extravagant budget.
If you’re looking for general green living tips check out my family-minded eco-site Growing a Green Family.
Who is Jennifer? Aka your friendly blogger…
I live in the gray and drizzling Pacific Northwest, with my 12-year old son Cedar. Professionally I’m a problogger and freelance writer; mainly in the eco-genre. I write for a multitude of blog and website clients and in the past have worked on other writing projects such as copy for non-profits, national magazine articles, and business proposals.
How to connect and stay connected with Slices of Green:
- Got questions or comments about Slices of Green? Contact me here.
- You can subscribe to Slices of Green. Subscribe for free by RSS or subscribe for free by email.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Hit me up at Stumble Upon.
- Have fun on Pinterest.